Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

blow your horn


I'm taking a break from my work to blawg over here for right now. I need to talk. I need adult interaction and sometimes my blog is the only place I can get it. 

**SOBS** It's been a terrible week!!! Kids and poop and pee and disobedience and PMS and housework and bills and cooking and laundry! UUUUUUUGHHHH!!!!
And it's SO HOT outside! The heat and humidity is outrageous!!

It's only getting up to about 90-95F outside which isn't so bad when the humidity is low but that rarely happens here. It's HUMID here. HUUUUUUUUMIIIIIID.



Texas summer hasn't even reached it's peak yet. It gets up to about 102 and even as much as 104  when things get into full swing. Add humidity to those temps and well... you ever been in a sauna?

I went grocery shopping Saturday and I felt like I was about to have a heart attack from just walking to and from my car. No lie. I was sweating buckets, I was light headed and having heart palpitations! 
But wait... is it really THAT hot or have I gotten that fat???

Both. 
I'm sure it's both.

I've been spending most of my days indoors, only going out to take the trash to the dumpster and let the kids play with the water hose after the house shadow has covered the entire yard.
I. HATE. SUMMER.


Enough of my complaining.
I scored this dress at Ross Dress for Less for $9. I love it! I love the way it fits. I got boob room, nothing tugs or pulls and the two slits in the skirt let the breeze in... mmmmm... swoooosh...
It's wonderful! It also came in burnt orange. I'm getting super into bold colors these days but I think I  might go back and get  that one too because this simple dress is stellar.


And here's little Cedar girl in her new-to-us Vietnamese blouse. I found it on swap.com and it came with lavender satin pants. I'm not sure if that was the outfit or if the store paired it like that but it wasn't a good match. We went for white leggings instead for church. You probably can't tell in the photos that it's chiffon over satin. Fancy!

Since I'm only taking a break right now, I might not be able to get to blog reading until tomorrow. 
Sooooo I'll see you guys around hopefully sooner than later! Byyyeeee


7 comments:

  1. Awww...Cedar looks so cute in that outfit. You own personal live doll.

    I have nothing but sympathy for you. Above 100 and I really can't do it. I don't know how people function. Sometimes it gets that hot here but we have AC and like you, I just stay inside.

    You should def go back and get that other dress. It's too good of a deal and looks too fab to let it slip by.

    Keep cool : ) And by that I mean stick your head in the freezer. Once when we lived in Quebec, it was so hot and we had no AC that I literally got up and tried to sleep with my head in the freezer. I thought we all might die in that crappy apartment that night.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Suzanne, I also sympathize. Summer heat is oppressive, especially in the South. Kid-care duties are hard, even when done for angels. Hang in there and both situations will improve. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that dress! It looks great on you - that blue!
    It's way too freaking hot and humid here, too. My glasses steam up when I go outside. I hate this part of summer. Have you gotten the surprise thunderstorms, too? Ugh.
    I completely understand the mom troubles. It ends, eventually, just in time for other stresses to start... your babies are gorgeous (all kids and pets are babies to me) and I'm sure make you smile as much as the frustrate you. Just don't forget to make time for you every day.
    Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cedar is getting cuter by the minute:) So adorable. And you're looking mighty fine in that outfit yourself, Ms. Hollie:)
    I've heard about the Texas heat in the summer. I don't even know how hot that is! Can you give us some heat over here? :P It's been such a wonky summer for us, that, I can't believe I'm gonna say this....I kinda want a 90-degree weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cedar is gorgeous and that dress looks amazing on you, such a great fit.
    I'd give anything for some of that heat and humidity. It doesn't bother me at all. I was definitely born in the wrong country. I went out today in a bloody coat, we're camping this weekend and the BBC Weather reckons the temperature is going to be 54F at the highest. Argghhh. wanna swap? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. She so cute in her pink blouse! Wow it's hotter in Texas than here in Florida right now where the rainy season has cooled things down. Will keep that in mind if I want to move in the future, haha. Keep cool over there, drink all the water!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just don't forget to make time for you every day.


    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Don't by shy, you dirty little stalker you. Leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...