Search This Blog

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Saturday

Today me and the husband and Baby River went to Shreveport, LA to visit some family for Easter Saturday. 
The drive there was fun and the weather was wonderfully "gloomy" with fluffy grey clouds and low rumbling thunder in the distance... believe it or not that's just how I like it. 
 I originally wanted to wear a flowing white springtime ensemble but thanks to my new grossly heavy post-birth monthly... white was completely out of the question. I am very disappointed with what I chose to wear. I feel it was boring and kind of lazy looking for the occasion  Oh, well. I've got another shot at coming up with something a bit more fashionable for Easter Sunday.
I'm wearing a thrifted dress with a hand-me-down top over it just in case you were wondering what this blah ensemble consisted of.
Yes, I'v'e got a gin and juice in my hand there. Very tasty.

So, yesterday I got super glue in my hair. Yup.
I was trying on a steampunk hair clip I made and failed realize that the glue was not yet dry. When I removed the clip, it tugged at my hair a bit so I thought my hair had gotten caught in a gear or something. Lo and behold the barrette left behind a nice trail of super glue. So to cover it up, I just pinned my hair up and added some pretty fabric flowers. 
I'm not sure of how I'm going to get the glue out but I'm pretty sure it's going to involve scissors.

************

The hostess' home is full of all sorts of wonderful antique doo-dads and pretty things. Many of you would have lost your minds googling over her beautiful vintage findings and heirlooms.
 For some unknown reason, I found myself a bit restless at this shindig so I walked around and snapped some photos of whatever caught my eye. 
There were sugary nom noms to enjoy...
... and a little egg hunt for the wee ones.
 Caleb's cousin Sarah revealed the gender of her baby to the family with this cute little cake. In case you can't tell by the pink border and pink cake: she's having a girl.
And last but not least, our first family photo since the day River was born! A little past due, huh?
River's the best at making pucker lips in photos. It's so hard to capture his wonderful smile.
*************************
Bonus:
My two favorite dudes.
See? Pucker lips.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you, your husband and beautiful baby River. He looks like he is blowing kisses to the camera.
    I'm glad that you got to spend time with your family and with many good food ans sweets to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're having fun. Your pose in the second picture is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous family photo!! Yummy stuff to eat at the party and very cute vintage brick a brac. Sometimes I wear blah whatever fits outfits... We moms are busy damnit! lolzzz But, you're so pretty, who the hell cares! Pretty is pretty no matter what you wear!
    Becky :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That family photo rocks, you look so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great post! you look pretty and family is adorable. love the pucker lips on River. I hear peanut butter or lots of conditioner in the area with the glue spot should work to get it right out. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely family portrait it is! You all look so happy. Even pucker lips <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah so sweet!!! :) Happy Easter and Happy April Fools!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sooo much good food.... love that doll as well

    ReplyDelete

Don't by shy, you dirty little stalker you. Leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...