Search This Blog

Friday, March 22, 2013

bump in the night

It's raining, it's pouring
I'm terrified of night storms.
***************
Yes it's true. I am horribly afraid of storms that occur at night. I'm not sure why. I've always been that way. Storms during the day? No problem, who cares, let's go out for steak. Storms at night? I'm shaking in my boots. It's 2am right now and a storm just blew in- I am not happy about this at all. 
Fun fact: about me: Once upon a time when a storm came in the middle of the night, I would get in bed with my parents.... aaaaand I didn't stop doing that until I was a freshman in college. No lie. Stop laughing! I bet you have strange phobias too.
Ok, well to distract me from this storm (and the fact that my baby is wide awake at 2am) I'm going to share some pics from this week.
*************
What we wore:
Two months after birth my tummy is still pretty saggy so I wore a a maternity dress and leggings so I can go run errands and go see my dad on his birthday - girdle free. I'm diggin' comfort these days.
Little River's finally getting a chance to strut his fashionable stuff now that he's big enough to fit into more clothes.
What I bought:
I scored two like-new vintage curtain panels from a thrift store for $2. I didn't even look at the size. I snatched them up like a wild hyena- ready to destroy anyone who even so much as looked at them. Mine!
I was really hoping they would be big enough to replace our atrocious curtains in the kitchen (old curtains nailed up) but they were waaaay too small. Sad face! I have no where for them to go! 
There are NO USED BOOK STORES IN THIS TOWN. I used to score my books at the Salvation Army but they moved to a new location and somehow "lost" all of their books in the process. WTF??? But the thrift store I got my curtains from finally marked their books down to a luscious 50 cents each. I would have gotten more books but they were closing up for the day when I got there.
 
 I got this crazy neon scarf for $1. It's too bright for me for everyday wear- I don't do neon. I got it for my fairy costume. In case you haven't heard, I'm going to be a fairy at my Ren Faire in October. Last year it got pretty cold so I'm getting prepared with some colorful winter accessories.
What I've Crafted:
I've been working on getting my office together and I need organization badly. So I've been revamping diaper boxes by covering them with fabric and wrapping paper. This one is my favorite. It's the much needed Ramsey Family Keepsake box. I even printed off the family crest and pasted it to the box to make it "official".
I found this quilt top in a bag full of fabric a friend gave me a couple of years ago. I never new it was complete! I thought it was just a little bit of patchwork someone started and abandoned. I picked it up and unfolded it for the first time and lo and behold! It's full sized!
So I made curtains for the office. Hee hee! I'm so naughty!
What I've been doing:
Went to Marshall to see my Dad on his 63rd birthday.
Um, this was taken by my sister... I didn't know she was taking a picture. Look at my face! HEH!!
*************
I've been working on the office/baby room again. It's has been a storage room off and on for too long for my taste. Every time I clean it out and start to get it truly organized a certain HUSBAND keeps bringing in more junk! Leave my office alone!
This is what it looked like last year!! YUCK! 
Here's a post about my cleaning adventures so you can see the evolution of this poor, poor room.
And this is what it looks like now. Geez! Still  awful!
So I've been going through boxes of buttons and jewelry making stuff and making sure everything has a place... a place for everything! That's how I like it.
Sequins in crystal glasses? Yes.
It's still a work in progress! I can't wait to share with you what it's going to look like when I'm finally done!!
**********
Bonus:
 Lovely sign handmade by a good friend's mom.
Needlework banner made by River's Granny.
Cute!

6 comments:

  1. River wear the coolest baby clothes and your curtains are amazing and they probably took a bit to do. We have many things to get rid off when we look around the house!
    You and your dad look so much alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colors and too cute! You will get that room in order soon enough. good luck with your fairy costume, it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My oddest phobia is plant roots; your storm one makes more sense than my root one!
    That's such a shame about the curtains ..could you add a white panel to the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plant roots! What is it about plant roots?? I might have an equally strange one: honeycomb. I'm not sure if it's a phobia but I can't stand the sight of them! I get weak and sick to my stomach when I see one in person.

      Delete
  4. I guess it doesn't get cold enough where you are to require a quilt because first the maker of that fine piece abandons it, and then you turn it into curtains! I have been on the lookout for a handmade quilt and would have died to find that in a bag of cast-off fabric.

    Baby boy is adorable in his little outfits. I especially love that jacket.

    As for phobias ... I must have one for insects because I have nightmares where one kind or another is featured. But in daylight? Not afraid at all (although the real creepy ones will make my skin crawl a bit, but it's not horror like in my dreams).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of these colours are really vibrant and I think they look great. I often buy curtain fabrics and use them to make things for the whole room, including curtains, soft furnishings and upholstery. The fabric that I currently have in my home is Harlequin What a Hoot fabric and I recommend it.

    ReplyDelete

Don't by shy, you dirty little stalker you. Leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...