Search This Blog

Monday, November 12, 2012

hellooooooo emergency room!!

So um... :sigh: yeah. Ok, so here's what happened. I got a nice boost of nesting energy and decided to continue our project of converting the storage room into the baby's room. So, I was placing books on a shelf and then :SHWACK!: Caught myself in the eye with the spine of a comic book.
After much groaning and laughing (at myself for being so careless) I went to the bathroom to give the ol' peeper and examination. It felt like something was stuck in there...heh, yeah, a piece of my eyeball skin. Looking in the mirror could clearly see that there was a chunk of clear eyeball skin stuff missing. Oh boy.
Now I'm not the kind of person to just skip off to the ER whenever something goes wrong. Something better be broken or needs to be sewn back on before I'll go. Well, I think a piece of your eyeball gone is a good reason to go.
Now, I've been in worse pain for sure, but the level of irritation was darn near unbearable. The right side of my face began to swell up from the stress and I developed a major nauseating headache. I could barely open the good eye because it wussed out on me and decided to sympathize with the other eyeball- I think it went on strike. So I spent the rest of the evening blinded and horribly disoriented from being able to just catch glimpses here and there of what was going on around me.
The eye is more swollen but I can keep it open AND use my other eye!! 
PRAISE THE LAWD! I CAN SEE! 
My vision in that eye is pretty blurred but the irritation has gone down by about 60%.
I had to unplug my laptop to make the brightness of the screen go down, but heck, I'm just so excited that I can get up and move around and not just sit in the dark listening to the TV.
What am I going to do now?
I'm going to finish putting the books on the shelf in the baby's room.
Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! That nesting energy is dangerous. :) I was thinking that I was going to be really embarrassed/upset if I fell off my chair/stepladder this morning while I painted the bedroom ceiling. But it didn't stop my crazy nesting urge to paint EVERYTHING.

    I'm so glad your eye is getting better! Vision is pretty important. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nooooo! :( I'm glad it's getting better finally!

    ReplyDelete

Don't by shy, you dirty little stalker you. Leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...