Why am I thankful for Pinterest? Well, why shouldn't I be?
65 boards, 5,262 pins and 181 followers. I love Pinterest and here are 8 reasons why.
2. Saving Computer Space - I used to save and hoard images onto my computer's hard drive: pics of cute outfits and pretty dresses, funny photos and art work. Cleaning out my files was always a very tough task. If I saved something on my computer, that means I REALLY wanted it. Now I can satisfy my compulsion to store images by pinning them on Pinterest.
3. Finding good blogs and other websites - Whenever I come across an image on Pinterest that really strikes my fancy, I often follow the link so see where it came from and to see if that site holds more goodies for me. I have found many wonderful online shops, blogs and websites this way.
4. "Slap-your-forehead-say-duh" tips and projects - I've come across some serious money saving tips and projects on Pinterest. My favorite so far has been putting a bread bag closure tab under your flip flops to secure the strap if it breaks through the sole. I buy cheap flip flops because I mostly just wear them around the house. I'm so happy I found this- plus many other "well why didn't I think of that" tips that will seriously help you in a semi-emergency.
5. DIY projects - I love making stuff. Mostly because I'm a little on the cheap side. I can't stand spending money on something I know I can make for half the cost. Pinterest is full of super unique and often simple DIY projects that can make you feel like a frugal crafting genius.
6. Wedding blogging made easier - I have a budget wedding blog. I'm on hiatus right now from it so I can focus more on this blog. The DIY and budget wedding projects on Pinterest are so incredibly helpful and inspiring. Blogging became so much easier after I discovered Pinterest. Now that I'm hiatus from the blog, I pin inspiring wedding images and projects for my readers to view while I'm away.
7. Mock baby registry - I am super picky about my baby items. I don't like sports themed stuff for a boy and cutesy pink ruffly stuff for a girl. It's all so silly to me. People can go really overboard when they buy baby gifts. They buy what THEY think is cute, not what they think YOU'LL think is cute. I often find myself really disliking other people's baby taste so I started a board to show my specific baby style taste. I hope people pay attention.
8. Planning my Renaissance Faire - I started a separate Pinterest account for my Renaissance Faire. I found so many wonderful ideas for costuming, decorating and money saving DIY projects that helped me this year and will for sure help me in the future. I think I'm the only Renaissance Faire int he world that uses Pinterest for Faire planning... and with 41 boards, 2,564 pins and 289 followers, I think I might be one of the most popular Renaissance Faire accounts on Pinterest!