Search This Blog

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Nursery/Office in the making

I'll be 33 weeks Monday and now it's time to get off my fluffy bottom and work on the baby's room/office. 
Our second bedroom was supposed to be my office/crafting room but as we were about to move into our new home- boom, pregnant... 
As soon as we moved in, the baby stuff came pouring in and there was no where to put it except for in this spare bedroom that was supposed to be reserved for my much needed office.
Don't ask.
Here's what the room looked like in September. I became so overwhelmed with the amount of stuff we were given PLUS all the stuff that was already in the room I just kind of gave up on trying to clean it out for a while.
(Here's the post I wrote about the early stages of cleaning.)
All the bags of baby clothes needed to be washed and sorted and there were boxes full of stuff. Just stuff. You know what I mean? That stuff that you don't really need at the time, but you need to hang on to it because you might need it later but there's no where to put it... yeah, that kind of stuff. I hate STUFF. 
My cleaning philosophy is based on the quote, "A place for everything and everything in it's place" I take that very seriously- so to me this means, if something doesn't have a place to go and it's just sitting on the floor gathering dust or it's been in a junk box for two years, then it's time to get rid of it. No debating, no arguing, no compromises- just let it go.
Fun bit of nerdy trivia: The internet has often stated that the quote "A place for everything and everything in it's place" as being coined by Mark Twain or Benjamin Franklin. It was actually made popular by American author Charles Augustus Goodrich in the 19th century.

Now: All the baby stuff has been cleaned and sorted and the JUNK has been either thrown away, donated or just moved out of the room. Now I'm down to the things I actually need. (The baby's side of the room is already nice and neat so I didn't bother to take a photo of that side.)
I've still got a little more to do... but I'm still pretty pleased with how far I've come with this room.
I was so excited about having my desk back that I cluttered it up making about ten new pieces of jewelry and hair pieces and pendants and all sorts of goodies!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't by shy, you dirty little stalker you. Leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...