Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

knowing you. knowing me

I'm so thankful that Bhrette from Lost in Relocation invited me to participate in this Knowing You Knowing Me project. 
What a splendid way to explore yourself and learn more about your fellow bloggers.


My 5 Random Facts:
1. I spent the first nine years of my childhood in the suburbs, then the next nine on a farm. I've lived in trendy apartments in the city and now I live in a trailer park. I definitely prefer farm life. In fact our goal is to buy a few acres, build our Renaissance faire and our house on that land, have some animals a garden and lots of children.

2. I looooove sensations. I especially love feeling and seeing the difference between clean and dirty.  Sometimes I like to skip bathing for a couple of days (used to be up to a week) just so I can feel and appreciate the difference. Even now I've let the dishes pile up for three days so I can see how clean my kitchen will look when I'm done. I also love letting the house get super cold at night so I can really feel and appreciate the warmth of my bed and my husband's body next to me.

3. When I was about eight years old, I decided I wanted to be the world's first black ring-mistress of a circus. Almost twenty years later, I haven't let go of this dream. Now I'm quietly working on developing a theatrical travelling burlesque/vaudeville inspired circus for an 18+ crowd. Nothing to raunchy though. More like a "you'll want to leave your kids at home but it's ok the bring Grandma" kind of show.

4. I'm addicted to comedy and laughing. I need to do it... all the time. I spend a lot of my time scanning YouTube, 9gag.com and Netflix instant watch for something, anything that will keep me rolling all day. If I can't just sit and watch something, I'll put on super funny movie or stand-up comedy DVD to listen to while I'm up and about. I have a nice collection of comedy CDs and DVDs to keep me fueled. I really, really, REALLY don't like to be unhappy.

5. I hate anything with cream cheese in it. Yes, this includes cheesecake.

My Questions To Answer:
What is your most valued quality in yourself?
I live drama free! Like I mentioned before, I really don't like to be unhappy so I avoid drama and trouble like the plague. I don't gossip and I don't listen to gossip. In fact that's why I had to quit my last job- I don't gossip and stir up trouble so everyone saw me and my desk as "neutral ground". My days were filled with awful backstabbing and slander and all sorts of terrible things. So because I don't like drama, instead of confronting the people about this issue, I just put in my two-weeks notice and gracefully bowed away from this job I had for two years.

Would the sixteen year old version of you like the person that you are now?
Oh, I think she would! At 16 that's when my depression began to kick in. I was confused, scattered and hopeless. I think she would really love to see that there is hope! She might be a little disappointed that I didn't move to New York to become an actress but I think she will really get a kick out of knowing she'll own a Renaissance Faire in 11 years.

Is there one thing in life that you are meant to do?  A job?  A hobby?  A passion?
I'm pretty sure that I was meant to bring unique entertainment to my sleepy little town. I gave them a Renaissance Faire (please don't think I could have done it completely by myself, I had a little help, but that help was very much needed). I will continue to bring the faire every year and it will get bigger and better. I brought forth our first steampunk event and thanks to the cooperation of a local coffeeshop owner I was able to help bring our town's first zombie walk. I'm not a fan of any other these things, but I know our townspeople yearn for them and I've been blessed with the talent and the natural desire to entertain people. I will not stop at these event and I'm always thinking of new and exciting events to bring to our town. I'm not just a dreamer, I'm a doer. 

What's your favorite book, and how did it change your life?
My favorite book is the Picture of Dorian Gray. Even though Dorian is horribly hedonistic I did find myself attracted to his desire to be surrounded by only lovely things.

What's your favorite vacation (or weekend vacation) that you've ever taken less than 3 hours from your home?
After our wedding my husband and I realized that we forgot to add our photographer's payment into the budget so we had to use our honeymoon money to pay him. We were planning on going to New Orleans but there was hardly anything left after paying him. So with what little money we did have left over, we went to Dallas (about 2.5 hours away) for a couple of days just to say we went somewhere. Of course as newlyweds we weren't too concerned about looking for places to go and things to do, we just wanted a good clean hotel room. When we got back home our mailbox was full of money gifts so we went back to Dallas for a couple of more days. Even though we had a little spending money we looked for free or really cheap things to do. We went to the zoo and my husband surprised me with a visit to a gorgeous museum to see the Andy Warhol exhibit. I was in heaven!!

Nominees:  
Meghan - Crazy Casa K
Natasha - Natasha Hanson
Krista - Peetee's Palace

Your Questions to Answer:  
1. If a top-notch plastic surgeon offered to perform cosmetic surgery on you absolutely free of charge, would you take him up on his offer? 

2. What movie character (male or female) can you relate to the most?

3. "When I grow up I want to be a  __________." Did you grow up to be that?

4. How many other blogs are you following right now?

5. How "in-tuned" are you with today's pop culture?

Instructions:
  • Nominate five other blogs in your post (All must have less than 250 subscribers)
  • Post 5 random facts about yourself
  • Answer 5 questions that the tagger has asked you, then list your own five questions to ask others
  • Let your 5 friends know you have tagged them by commenting on their blog

2 comments:

  1. You are nothing less than totally unique and way interesting! Congrats on getting ready to ave your first baby too! You life and lil town sound like you are making it all your own! Im going to try an answer you questions but I'm pretty busy right now, hopefully this weekend. Thanks for finding me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did it! YAY

    Also, I love Dorian Gray. I wasn't excited to read it in college, but as soon as I started it I loved it (which happens a lot)

    ReplyDelete

Don't by shy, you dirty little stalker you. Leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...