Search This Blog

Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Q&A #2


2. Were you told the truth about Santa by your parents or did you find out another way? 
My parents never tried to convince us (me and my sister) that there was a Santa Claus. In fact I can't remember my parents talking about Santa Claus at all. Of course through books and TV we knew of the concept of him... as a fictional story book character who's based off a real person. Nothing more. As a kid (like most kids) I didn't know where exactly the presents came from, but I knew my parents had something to do with it. They were pretty stealthy about sneaking the presents under the tree. I remember getting up in the middle of the night to to take a peek under the tree... nothing was there. So I would go back to bed, wake up again to find my parents nonchalantly drinking coffee and watching the morning news... seemingly oblivious to the mounds of presents that magically appeared under the tree overnight. I knew they were doing it, I just couldn't figure out how they were doing it. So the theory that I came up with as a child was that parents have the magic ability to make presents appear under Christmas trees.
Now I'm 27, expecting my first child in January and I'm still trying to figure out how my parents bought, wrapped and hid all of those presents and then put them under the tree without making a sound. And now that I think about it, I've never thought to ask...
I'm calling my mom right now. This is a mystery that must be solved!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I was a bit more sneaky, I found my first present at the young age of 6, and yes, I WAS looking lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious!!! Even though my daughter is only 9 months old right now I still waited to wrap her presents and put them under the tree while she was out with the hubs.

    ReplyDelete

Don't by shy, you dirty little stalker you. Leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...