Search This Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2013

five days

It's 9:27am. I'm sitting in the bedroom listening to my husband break massive wind in the living room. That's what he does every morning. I'm actually a little jealous right now. My stomach is boiling and I'm having mild contractions. Some airy relief from this discomfort sounds very pleasant right now. I decided to take the risk of drinking an ice cold glass of milk with my PB&J last night before I went to bed at 3:00am. This is never a good idea but I did it anyway. I can have dairy products and milk in my cereal but for some strange reason I can't drink the milk straight.
My "due date" is in 5 days and I can't wait. As soon as that day hits, I'm going to do every trick in the book to start labor if it hasn't already came. I'm soooo tired of being pregnant and I'm soooooooo anxious to meet this baby. I don't even know it's gender (which might be adding to my impatience). Walking and just getting around the house is tough, I have hemorrhoids for the first time in my life and I'm just plain uncomfortable all the time.

So here's what's on my labor induction to-do list:
Castor oil - worked for my mom and sister
Red (purple) cabbage - also worked for my mom and sister (in combo with the castor oil)
Sex - this will be kinda hard for me. My pelvis feels like it's cracking all the time but I think we'll manage somehow.
Spicy food - this one is new to me but I keep seeing it pop up in self-labor induction recommendations.
A nice foot and ankle massage -  it feels nice and I've heard that there are some pressure points you can hit in the ankle area to stimulate contractions. You'll have to really get at it for this to work. If it doesn't  I won't be disappointed with just receiving a good massage.

I think about the baby all the time. This obsession with it's gender, smell, warmth, little feet and little nose is driving me crazy. Will it get my brown skin or be white like daddy? Will it have a head full of curly black hair come out bald as a melon? We'll see in 5 days...


6 comments:

  1. five days congrats! amazing! just be careful with induction tricks - jump starting your labor before nature is ready isn't the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know. I really need to gain some patience!

      Delete
  2. hang in there! we are ready to meet the baby too! I also hear walking like to the end of your yard or something and back is helpful too in starting labor. Go Momma Go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to walk- like really go out to the track and do some laps but my pelvic area is so tight and painful. I seriously have taken to just walking from one end of the house to the other until I can't take it any more. I don't last long :(

      Delete
  3. Raspberry leaf tea!! Make sure it has the leaf - not just plain raspberry. :) Drink it HOT and SWEET.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Don't by shy, you dirty little stalker you. Leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...