Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

little head big head

Ah, they joys of motherhood. It's 4am and I'm blogging and massaging toots out of a gassy 5 day old baby. Life is sweet.
********
So dig it, I ordered this hat for the baby from Ebay a few weeks ago. The description said it was  "winter warm the baby double ball earmuffs monochromatic Crochet hat!"  I was like, um ok.... it's cheap and cute with a poorly translated description- me want. Well I got the hat in yesterday only to find that I didn't even think to look at how big it is when I ordered it. It's waaaaaaaay too big for a newborn baby (or any baby for that matter)  but just right for meeee! Mine all mine.
Lemme tell you a bit about the arrival of our new little one:
The whole labor and birth ordeal took over 30 hours and I had an emergency c-section AND they removed a surprise softball sized fibroid from my uterus shortly afterwards. This is our third day home and I'm so stoked that I can finally get around the house without a walker. I still can't stand upright or bathe or dress myself too good right now but no worries- my husband is the best dang nurse on the planet! I won't give you all the gory details of what he's done for me but I will say this: I don't know how you would define a good husband, but to me a good husband is a man who will change his wife's bloody diapers without hesitation or complaint.
Love and marriage ain't always pretty folks.
*******************
I'm not quite ready to go into full details about River's birth right now. The whole thing was actually pretty traumatizing and it's kind of hard to talk about right now soooooo... how about some photos instead?


Daddy!
This was taken WELL after birth. I looked soooo much better here.

9 comments:

  1. Yes, amazing husband! And what a cute squish you have!! So little. Its really weird because I have a hard time seeing how much Arlo has grown - but these photos definitely show me! Soooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always soooo amazed at the beauty of love and child birth! what a wonderful miracle!!! Congrats and big hugs
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! he is too precious! congrats x 100. love the name too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks like he's smiling already - he must take after you! What a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my God, how sweet!!! Congratulations to all of you. Many happy and rewarding years up ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's GORGEOUS!!! He looks so much like you. I'm so sorry you had such a traumatic birth and are still recovering - but give your darling man a big hug and an arse pinch from me to say thank you for taking such great care of you. More pics please!!!

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baby boy is beautiful and he is so lucky to have two parents that are in love with him and with each other!
    I had two 12-14 hours labors and my first one was a c-section as well.
    But I can only imagine all the trials and tribulations that those 30 hours were like.
    Given birth is not for the faint of heart or for the weak of spirits; its a lot of darn work but at the end you get a bundle of beauty in your arms and that makes all better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the test of true love, changing Adult nappies! But River's here now AND you have a new hat! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad I found your blog! Your hat = awesome and I want one. Your baby is darling and I'm glad you made it through the labor. 30 hours is no joke. Hope you have a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete

Don't by shy, you dirty little stalker you. Leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...