Search This Blog

Friday, January 11, 2013

I am.... Frida Kahlo?

I've seen it done twice now. Bloggers as Frida Kahlo.
It started with one of my favorite bloggers Helga von Trollop. Then I started to follow a new blog (Miss Simmond Says) and saw that she too had done Frida.

I'm veeery pregnant right now and I can't really leave the house so playing a wee bit of dress up was just what I needed.
Inspired, I did my makeup and whipped together this outfit in about ten minutes.
Headpiece: Handmade. Leftover from a Halloween costume a couple of years ago (I went as Autumn)
Necklace: Ebay
Mexican Dress: Garage sale
Shawl: Ross Dress for Less (years ago)
The shadows on my face almost gave me the Frida fuzzy lip. I kinda like it.
Too bad I couldn't do earrings. My lobes are stretched so I couldn't really think of what to do there.
*************************************************************
I'm 9 months pregnant and this poor dress was screaming for dear life. 
The dress was just kinda bunched up around my belly. I couldn't get it any farther. Hahaha it used to go down below my knees, but eh, I wasn't going out anywhere- just dressing up.
 No worries, I'll be able to wear this dress again soon.
How did I do?

Here's the gorgeous necklace I'm wearing in the photos. I got it for a lucky last minute $2.40 bid on Ebay from this seller here.
Will you? Will you Frida too?

11 comments:

  1. this is amazing! That dress and headdress are gorgeous!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - gorgeous and spot on :-) I did Frida years ago - I wish I still had the photos to post. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job!!!! Love that dress you found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It was like $1 and had never been worn. I wish I could find more!

      Delete
  4. weird, but are you from Texarkana? Cos I have a tray from there, it's got an address on the back

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did great! Love Helga and Claire, so I know you've got great taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm learning them, they are super fun ladies

      Delete
  6. Fantastic. I follow them both, I'm quite enjoying seeing everyone's take on Frida, yours was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make an adorable preggers Frida! I am your newest follower and was hopin' that you'd pop on by my blog (which is currently under construction so don't mind the missing photo, etc), hang around and follow me back!


    Have a lovely day!

    Sarah

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww adorable! yours is cute..even with the unibrow lol

    ReplyDelete

Don't by shy, you dirty little stalker you. Leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...