Search This Blog

Thursday, January 3, 2013

my first New Year's resolutions like, ever....

 I've never made New Year's resolutions before so welcome to my first list of some things that would be nice to do this year.

Stretch my ears to 1/2" 
(two sizes up from 0ga)
Eh, I think that's as far as I'll go aaaaand I'll finally be able to wear pretty plugs like this!
Kaleidoscope Plugs, Style 1, 0g, 00g, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8, 1 inch (Soon in sizes 1 1/8 "-2")

Be more adventurous in the kitchen
Every year my cooking gets better and bolder but I'm ready to kick things up a notch and stop being so afraid of recipes that require ingredients I've never heard of.
Rainbow Asian Slaw with Peanut Dressing...crunchy, healthy...my kind of lunch!

Get a henna inspired tattoo
mmm... I'm not sue if you can get a tattoo while breastfeeding. I'll have to look into that.details

Go to sleep before sunrise
My sleeping schedule is awful! It's been that way for over a year now and it's only gotten worse since I got pregnant. I go to sleep between 6am-7am and get up anywhere from 1pm-5pm.
Something's got to change!!

Grow my hair out
I love having my hair short but now that it's grown out a few inches since being pregnant, it's making me realize how much easier it is to manage.

Try some color
I think we can all agree that the outfit on the left is pretty amazing- but would I wear it? Probably not. Just the thought of wearing something so colorful kind of sends me into a panic. I've neeeeeever been a fan of wearing bright colors- I'm a dark and muted tones kinda gal (like on the right).
But I would like to try my hand at wearing something just absolutely color drenched at least once.
primarydress by olive and orange

Shake the baby weight- plus some
When I got married two years ago I got lazy and happy and gained a whopping 40 pounds. Yeah, it happens. As soon as I started to diet and exercise I got pregnant... 
Hello 40 MORE pounds.
I'm not a weight obsessed kinda gal but an 80 pound weight gain in two years is a little much.
I'm due in just a couple of weeks so that'll be a nice 15 pound head start.

Buy a juicer
Juicing is a very, very good thing to do and I think me and my husband would benefit from it immensely.
We've been looking for a juicer for a few months now but we're having a little difficulty finding one that is affordable and reliable.
I can't wait to get my hands on one so that when I get super old I'll still be healthy... and sexy.


Paint my nails more
(or stop buying nail polish)
I'm a compulsive nail polish buyer but I rarely paint my nails. I don't know why. It's time to either stop wasting money or put that stuff to use.
NARS Storm Bird for Fall 2012

Tap and shimmy
I love to dance and my two favorite forms of dance are tap and belly dance. Strange combo I know.
Last year I got lazy, started making excuses, then I got pregnant and tired and just stopped dancing.
But you know what? Since I love to tap and belly dance so much, maybe the next step is to put them both together and try flamenco???
With the baby?


Make my Faire bigger and better
Last year's faire was pretty darn good for a first try. But this October I'm going to try harder to get more food vendors and merchants. We had plenty last year, but a lot had to drop out at the last minute which left some serious open gaps on the map.
The 2013 Faire WILL be spectacular.
http://www.texarkanarenfaire.com/

Buy a new gown (or two or three)
I love my gown but I can't see myself wearing it again this year.
My dress really took a beating last year and I'm ready to give it a rest.
I want something more eye catching and regal like the gown pictured below but gowns like this can get pretty darn costly... so I guess it's time to start saving now.
love


So what are your resolutions? Feel free to share a link to your "New Year's Resolutions" blog posts below!

4 comments:

  1. I nominated you for a Liebster award! check out the post here:

    http://miyaloves.blogspot.com/2013/01/nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and I love it! Good set of resolutions. I am sure you will keep them all. You are a talented woman. The baby will be here any day now. Best wishes and Happy New Year! http://myeloquentrambles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem with nail polish! Argh!

    ReplyDelete

Don't by shy, you dirty little stalker you. Leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...